The charm measures 7/8'' wide and it is in mint condition as pictured. Below here is some of the company's history found online on their website:
''All About EX-CELL-O - Company Milestones and History''
''1919: EX-CELL-O opens for business making jigs, dies, fixtures and bushings.''
''1930s: EX-CELL-O becomes a leading supplier of all types of woodworking machinery.''
''1940s: Manufacture of precision production parts is a vital business, especially during wartime.''
''1955: Twin 600-foot rotary transfer lines meet production demand of the biggest automotive engine program in history.''
''1956: Special rotary indexing machine allows quick changeovers for machining family of compressor crankcases.''
''1958: Ultra-high precision Numeri-Trol profiling machine produces critical turbine components.''
''1962: EX-CELL-O line bore transfer machines are the industry standard for processing cam and crank bores.''
''1963: EX-CELL-O pioneers deep hole machining processes for precision production of cylinder head valve guide bushings. Fast change-over demonstrated on new flexible transfer machine for processing transmission cases.''
''1964: Introduction of XG Series (special milling and grinding machines) for producing constant velocity joints.''
''1965: Fully automatic piston boring and turning machines handle five different pistons for auto manufacturer.''
''1966: New cylinder boring technique using single-point cutting tools revolutionizes engine block manufacturing.''
''1969: NC control advancements make EX-CELL-Os state-of-the-art work centers more productive and affordable.''
''1972: EX-CELL-O leads the industry in design of specials such as the four-way precision boring machine.''
''1973: High speed milling adapted to machining centers significantly increases production rates in aluminum.''
''1975: First Eislingen-built CNC machining centers for a wide variety of applications.''
''1976: Cold forming machines for the manufacture of high-strength splines, grooves and threads.''
''1978: The rotary transfer machine, a new concept for processing precision components, is introduced.''
''1981: The first use of CNC machining center stations in high-volume transfer machines for production of transmission housings. The first flexible machining system for production of electric motors.''
''1983: First NC work center with head changer permits multi-spindle operations using a machining center.''
''1985: The first modular production systems for flexible machining of large and small volume part runs, and completely different workpieces.''
''1989: Introduced the XHS high-speed milling machine optimized for manufacture of spiral compressor rotors.''
''1990: Introduced fracturing as a high-precision, high-efficiency manufacturing method for powdered-metal automotive connecting rods.''
''1993: Introduced the XHC 240 line of high-speed milling machines equipped with linear motor axes drive technology.''
''1996: Introduced a completely new line of drilling technology.''
''1997: Introduced hard milling and grinding technology for automotive constant-velocity joint production. Introduced the XHC 241 next generation high-speed milling machine with advanced linear motor axis drives.''
''In July of 1919, EX-CELL-O Tool & Manufacturing Company opened for business, despite an economic dip in the middle of that same year. The original members invested in the growth strength of the idea that a better product would always be in demand regardless of whether the economy was up or down. The founders were right. EX-CELL-O became a manufacturer of jigs, dies fixtures and drill jig bushings to close tolerances, and they welcomed repeat customers.''
''Because EX-CELL-O was committed to closing up manufacturing tolerances, worked toward tenths of thousands, and held these standards through strict quality control, EX-CELL-O precision sold itself. Eventually, EX-CELL-O used products of their own design to manufacture production parts for their customers. In 1920, the company developed precision tools to generate better quality in its tooling and production parts. By the 1930s, EX-CELL-O became a leading supplier of all types of woodworking machinery. And in 1940s during wartime, EX-CELL-O's manufacture of precision product parts thrived and became a vital business enterprise.''
''In the 1950's, EX-CELL-O became one of the leading machine tool builders, having perfected many machining processes and pioneering new machining techniques. High production and low unit cost had become the formula for a successful and profitable manufacturing operation, and soon one of the world's biggest automakers would retain EX-CELL-O services. In 1955, EX-CELL-O designed and engineered transfer lines to meet production demand for the biggest automotive engine program in history. The Chrysler Plymouth project prompted the name "Qualimatic" for the huge, new V-8 Engine Plant. EX-CELL-O not only provided 600 feet of continuous dual line, but the newest and latest designs for automation efficiency were also incorporated into the process. EX-CELL-O machines were assembled in integrated units with the transfer mechanism to make up each 600-foot transfer machine. Today, Plymouth is one of many major manufacturers that EX-CELL-O has supplied with automated equipment.''
''EX-CELL-O Corporation acquired the Gsppingen machine tool plant in 1958, and built new facilities in Southern Germany at Eislingen/Fils. The new enterprise quickly built an international reputation in the automotive industry based on the quality and productivity of its standard machine tools, transfer lines, and special-purpose machines.''
''Since that time, the Corporation has enjoyed tremendous growth and prosperity. EX-CELL-O GmbH became independent under German ownership in 1987. A sales and service company was founded in the State of Michigan (USA) to service the American market. Two years later, EX-CELL-O formed a holding company, and listed its shares on the German stock market.''
''In 1990, EX-CELL-O acquired Continental ARVID, a Canadian builder of special machine tools, and changed its name to EX-CELL-O Canada, Ltd. EX-CELL-O built a special machine tool assembly plant in Sterling Heights, Michigan (USA) in 1992. MAX RHODIUS GmbH, of Weissenburg, Bavaria, a well-known producer of wire mesh products was also added to the growing EX-CELL-O family of companies.''
''JW FROELICH Maschinenfabrik GmbH, was added to the EX-CELL-O Group in 1993. The company manufactures assembly and test systems at plants in Leinfeld-Echterdingen and Plochingen in the Stuttgart region of Southern Germany, and Laindon, Essex, in England.''
''The IWKA Corporation of Karlsruhe became the majority shareholder of EX-CELL-O Holding AG in 1997. The Machine Tool Group was formed by combining EX-CELL-O's companies with the BOEHRINGER Group from Gsppingen, which was already part of IWKA. This affiliation gives EX-CELL-O access to the resources necessary to produce turnkey installations as a "single-source" supplier.''