|The picture shows a front and back view of this 1923 Paragon Amusement Park Roller Coaster Nantasket Beach Massachusetts Post Card. This nice looking old rollercoaster has an interesting sea shell ticket booth at the entrance. The sign over the entrance is marked as follows:|
THE BIG COASTER
A THRILLING MILE RIDE 10c
The title of the postcard reads as follows:
BIRDS EYE VIEW OF ROLLER COASTER
IN PARAGON PARK, NANTASKET BEACH, MASS.
The postcard measures 5-1/2'' x 3-1/2''. It has a one cent George Washington postage stamp, a 1923 postmark, and was sent to a Lowell, Massachusetts address. It is in fair condition as pictured with a corner tip missing, some creasing and soiling from handling. Below here is some historical background reference information:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Paragon Park circa 1914
Paragon Park was an amusement park located on Nantasket Beach in Hull, Massachusetts. It closed in 1984.
Among the amusement rides in operation during Paragon Park's history was a traditional style carousel with hand-crafted horses, a bumper cars ride known as ''The Scooters'', a Ferris wheel, a horror themed dark ride called ''Kooky Kastle'', and a giant rollercoaster known as ''The Comet''. There was also a ski lift type ride called the ''Sky Ride'', an automobile themed ride known as ''Turnpike Cars'' (later improved and re-named ''Indy 500''), and a water ride called ''Bermuda Triangle'' (later revamped as ''Congo Cruise'').
Today, the only surviving remnants of Paragon Park on the boardwalk are the historic carousel and clock tower. The rest of the site is devoted to condominium development.