|The picture below shows a larger view of all (4) Old Jackson New Hampshire Covered Bridge Black & White Photographs in this lot. These old photographs were most likely taken by a tourist or traveler. They are not dated and the year that they are from is unknown.|
Checking the writing on the backs, it appears that the lower left photograph with a woman in the scene, was taken at a covered bridge in Conway, New Hampshire.
All four of these for one price! The photographs each measures about 3-1/2'' x 5-1/8''. They appear to be in excellent condition as pictured.
Below here, for reference, is some additional information about this bridge:
Honeymoon Bridge (New Hampshire)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Honeymoon Bridge (Jackson, N.H.)
Carries: Village Street
Crosses: Ellis River
Locale: Jackson, New Hampshire
Maintained by: NH DOT
Design: Wooden Paddleford Burr Truss
Total length: 121 feet (37 m)
Width: 26.5 feet (8.1 m)
Number of spans: One (121 feet (37 m))
Designer: Charles Austin Broughton and his Son Frank
Construction begin: Unknown
Construction end: 1876
Honeymoon Bridge (also known as Covered Bridge No. 51) is a wooden covered bridge over the Ellis River in Jackson, New Hampshire, United States.
In 1873, town residents debated whether to build and/or repair at least two bridges that crossed the Wildcat River. Honeymoon Bridge was built in 1876, just south of the confluence of the Wildcat with the Ellis River, by Charles Austin Broughton and his son Frank. The Broughton family owned a dairy farm on the east side of the Saco River. Serving in the Civil War, Charles had carpentry skills needed to do the work. In 1899, the town of Jackson paid the Goodrich Falls Electric Company to illuminate the bridge. The sidewalk on the side of the bridge was added in 1930 according to town records, and improvements were done in 1965 to improve visibility and provide parking. In 2001 the bridge received a U.S. $64,000 grant that provided for the installation of a fire protection system that included sprinklers, among other things. Further rehabilitation of the bridge was completed three years later. Today, Honeymoon Bridge is an often photographed tourist attraction.
Honeymoon Bridge is one of 20 examples of the Paddleford truss design. The bridge was nicknamed ''Honeymoon'' bridge from the tradition of lovers kissing under it for good luck. The name dates to at least 1936, with bridge historian Adelbert M. Jakeman possibly giving the bridge its nickname. Honeymoon Bridge is designated as Covered Bridge 51 by the state.