|The pictures show front and back views of this Old Robinson Road Singapore Real Photo Post Card. This black & white real photo postcard is unused. It is not dated but it is believed to be from the 1910s or 1920s. The photograph has buildings, many people, sulkies, rickshaws, wagons, carts, carriages, some early automobiles, some signs, streets, and more. The place looks far different then it does today. It is marked on the front as follows:|
ROBINSON ROAD, SINGAPORE.
The post card has a divided back and a simple triangle made of dots for the stamp box area. The post card measures 5-3/8'' x 3-7/16''. It appears to be in excellent unused condition. It has some light wrinkling as well as an upper right corner crease and missing corner tip as pictured. Below here, for reference, is a little additional information about Robinson Road:
Robinson Road, Singapore
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Robinson Road is a major trunk road in Singapore's central business district. Named after Sir William Cleaver Francis Robinson, then Governor of the Straits Settlements in 1877, it was once a sea side thoroughfare until land reclamation works in Telok Ayer Basin shifted the shoreline further east to make room for the building of Shenton Way. This allowed for the road to be widened and converted into a one way street to accommodate the rise in traffic flow pending massive urban development. Today, it is flanked on both sides by major skyscrapers and lends its name to several buildings, including Robinson Centre and Robinson Point. In Hokkien, the road is known as heng liong koi, which means ''heng long street''. Chop Heng Long, belonging to Lok Yu who is a well known businessman whose office was located on this road.