|The picture shows the front cover and three of the seven engraved images in this Small Old Oceanic Hotel / Isle Of Shoals Advertising Booklet. It is not dated but believed to be from the early 1900's. There are (12) pages filled with engraved pictures, advertising, and the History of these New Hampshire islands. They were first settled in 1620. The pictures inside are in green ink with red text. They include the following:|
Isle Of Shoals Lighthouse
The Oceanic Hotel
White Island Light House
Betty Moody's Cave
Stone Church, 1685
John Smith's Monument, 1614
The booklet was put out by Laighton Bros., Proprietors, and H.G. Marvin, Manager. Costs for stays at the Oceanic are mentioned as well as the cost for transient to the islands.
These islands are still inhabited and maintained. They can be reached from Portsmouth, N.H. by the Steamship S.S. Thomas Laighton. The booklet measures 5-5/8" x 3-3/8". There is some spotting on the cover but all of the inside pages are clean.