|Price: $19.99 |
$4.00 shipping & handling
|Any group of items being offered as a lot must be sold as a lot.|
|Quantity Discount Prices|
|Unique & Fun Nostalgic Items|
|You don't have to be an eight year old to enjoy having|
a childhood treasure.
|All Original Items.|
|Quality Packing And|
|Combined Shipping And Handling|| |
|The pictures below show more and larger views of both sides of this Old MS Victoria Incres Line Cruise Ship Advertising Souvenir Good Luck Key Chain. The keychain is not dated but it is from between 1958 and 1964 when the ship was named m/s Victoria and owned and operated by the Incres Line. One of the fobs or charms is a good luck horseshoe. One side of the advertising fob has a raised image of the ship and the other side of it has a raised image of the famous headless angel statue: ''Winged Victory of Samothrace'', also called the ''Nike of Samothrace''. It is marked on side as follows:|
To judge the sizes the advertising charm measures about 1-1/16'' wide. It appears to be in near mint condition as pictured. Below here, for reference is a short History for the m/s Victoria (1958 - 1975):
MS Dunnottar Castle
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Name: Dunnottar Castle (1936 - 1958), Victoria (1958 - 1975), The Victoria (1976 - 1993), Princesa Victoria (1993 - 2004)
Operator: Union - Castle (1936 - 1958), Incres SS Co. (1958 - 1964), Clipper Line (1964 - 1975), Chandris Lines (1975 - 1993), Louis Cruise Lines (1993 - 2004)
Builder: Harland and Wolff
Yard number: 959
Laid down: 1935
Launched: 25 January 1936
Completed: 27 June 1936
Maiden voyage: July 1936
Out of service: 2004
Fate: Scrapped at Kumar Steel Breakers Yard in India, 2004
Tonnage: 15,007 GRT as built
Length: 560 feet (174 m.) as built
Beam: 72 feet (22 m.) as built
Draft: 22.2 feet (8.1 m.)
Propulsion: Burmeister & Wain Diesels as built, in 1959 refitted with Fiat diesel engines
Speed: 18 knots
Capacity: 285 first class, 250 tourist class as built, 696 single class at the time of scrapping
Crew: 250 as built
The MS Dunnottar Castle was the original name of a twin screw passenger ship built in 1936 and more widely known under her later name Victoria or The Victoria. Victoria was a cruise liner first operated by the Incres Steamship Co and later by Chandris Lines in the Caribbean Sea. Victoria was sold to Louis Cruise Lines in 1993 which operated the ship as Princesa Victoria until it was scrapped in India in 2004. Victoria retained a classic liner look with several features unchanged since her pre war construction for her entire operational life.
Construction and war service
The ship was originally built by Harland & Wolff of Belfast in 1936 as the Union Castle liner Dunnottar Castle. She had a gross tonnage of 15,054 tons. She departed on her maiden voyage from Southampton to Cape Town in July 1936. Upon her return, she commenced her regular service, Tilbury (London) - Africa, serving as supply ship for St. Helena.
At the outbreak of the war, Dunnottar Castle was converted into an armed merchant cruiser by the Royal Navy. She departed on her first tour of duty on 14 October 1939. In 1942, she commenced duties as troop ship until 1948, when she was decommissioned from Naval service. She immediately received a comprehensive overhaul and resumed her London to Africa service in 1949, which continued for the next nine years.
Career as cruise liner
Dunnottar Castle was bought by Incres Steamship Co in 1958 and substantially refitted as a cruise liner at the Wilton Fijenoord shipyard near Rotterdam. The ship received a new engine, new superstructure and a new raked bow, changing her overall appearance significantly. The first and tourist class cabins were reconstructed into 600 single class cabins with private facilities and air conditioning. Incres renamed her Victoria and ran her out of New York on West Indies cruises.
In 1964, she was sold to Victoria SS Company Monrovia, a subsidiary of Swedish company Clipper Line from Malmö. She retained both her name and service. Incres Line continued as agents for the ship. For eleven years, Victoria made cruises from the United States to the Caribbean. In 1975, the company sold her to Chandris Lines and she ran on Caribbean and European cruises until 1993 with a minor refurbishment in 1987.
The ship's final incarnation was as the Princesa Victoria making 2 and 3 day cruises from Cyprus under the ownership of Louis Cruise Lines. During the winter seasons, Princesa Victoria was laid up in Perama. She was used as a shore side hotel ship for Expo '98 and for the G8 summit in Genoa in 2001. Finally, the ship was laid up in 2002 and broken up in 2004 at the Kumar Steel Breakers Yard in India. At the time, she was the oldest large liner still operating anywhere in the world.
Click on image to zoom.