|Any group of items being offered as a lot must be sold as a lot.|
|We have an extensive inventory that is not yet on our web site. If there is something you are looking for and did not find, please send us your wish list.|
make great gifts!
|An Ever Changing Inventory|
|Quality Merchandise At Reasonable Prices|
|Quality Packing And|
|Combined Shipping And Handling|| |
|The picture shows a view of both sides of this Old Cleveland Ohio Hotel Hollenden Vogue Room Advertising Token Coin. The year that this coin was made or used is unknown but it is old. The metal it is made from is also unknown. The coin advertises five different Ohio hotels. One side has an image of a pen making a check mark. It is marked on the two sides as follows:|
DINE AND DANCE IN THE
VOGUE ROOM OF
''NEVER A DULL MOMENT''
DEWITT OPERATED HOTELS
HOLLENDEN - CLEVELAND
NEIL HOUSE - COLUMBUS
BILTMORE - DAYTON
NEW SECOR - TOLEDO
MAYFLOWER - AKRON
OSBORNE REGISTER CO. CINTI, O
The coin measures 1'' wide. It is in mint condition as pictured. Below here for background reference is a short History that was found on the Hollenden Hotel:
''The HOLLENDEN HOTEL, once the most glamorous and colorful of Cleveland's hostelries, opened on 7 June 1885. It was the first large hotel for transients east of Public Square and offered accommodations for permanent residents as well. Liberty E. Holden purchased land from Philo Chamberlain and formed a corporation to build the 8 story Hollenden Hotel at Superior and Bond (E. 6th) St.. It boasted electric lights, 100 private baths, and fireproof construction, a lavish interior with paneled walls, redwood and mahogany fittings, and crystal chandeliers. Politicians claimed the dining room and made it famous as a meeting place. The hotel hosted 5 presidents, industrial giants, and celebrities of stage and platform.''
''In 1926 a $5 million annex was built on the east side of the hotel, and the main building was modernized. The hotel had several owners over the years until the 600 Superior Corp. bought it in 1960, but two years later, with only about 350 of the 1,000 rooms in use, the owners closed the Hollenden and demolished it. The 600 Superior Corp., along with developer Jas. M. Carney, then built a new 14 story, 400 room Hollenden House and parking garage on the site, which opened in Mar. 1965. The Hollenden House did not survive the decline of downtown Cleveland, and when it became unprofitable in the mid 1980s, Carney closed it permanently in May 1989. Later that year the relatively new building was demolished, making room for developer John W. Galbreath to build a 32 story office building.''
Click on image to zoom.