The pinback button badge measures 1-3/4'' wide. It appears to be in good condition with an indent on the front as pictured.
The LANE Construction Corporation
About The LANE Construction Corporation
The Lane Construction Corporation is a privately held company founded in 1890 by railroad engineer John S. Lane. After leaving his position with the New York-New Haven & Hartford Railroad, where he had worked for 23 years, he leased land in Meriden, Connecticut and opened his first stone crushing plant. With the invention of the automobile and the need for improved roads, Lane became a pioneer in the development of macadamized pavements, which launched the company into the 20th century as the leading builder of roads throughout the Northeast.
The company was incorporated in the state of Connecticut in 1902. Today, Lane completes more than $800 million of work each year in more than 20 states. The company is ranked among the top 50 contractors in the nation by ENR (Engineering News Record) and consistently ranks among the top 5 contractors specializing in transportation projects.
Major subsidiaries now include Rea Contracting, LLC, a $300 million a year highway and bridge contractor in North and South Carolina. Annual revenues comprise of a balanced mix of construction contracts and construction material sales from aggregates, transit mix, precast concrete products and asphalt paving materials.